Nutritional value: per 100g
1 medium slice
The best thing about the overnight oats recipe: It is so easy and quick to make, and can be mixed with so many different ingredients. This highly nutritious blend is also a perfect start to the day. Overnight oats provides a healthy breakfast that is not too heavy and keeps you full for longer, with its fibres, proteins, calcium, vitamin B1, polyunsaturated fatty acids, minerals and trace elements.
Preparing the overnight oats
- Pour the milk over the oatmeal and mix well
- Add your mixed berries to the oats
- Put 1 tbsp peanut butter into the berry mix
- Add a protein powder of your choice
- Cover everything and let it soak in the fridge overnight.
- Open the next day. Stir and then dig in.
The term overnight oats sounds quite adventurous, but there is no hidden meaning, it is literally oatmeal that has soaked overnight. The milk you use to soak the oats in is entirely down to personal preference. You can use almond, soy or hazelnut milk for a vegan alternative and instead of the whey protein, simply add our Vegan Protein by foodspring to the mix.
These overnight oats can be easily changed up with different fruits, like strawberries or raspberries.